About DGFT India
Directorate General of Foreign Trade – DGFT is a government organization in India working under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, DGFT is responsible to issue and formulation of Foreign Trade Laws, Rules and Regulations, Foreign Trade Policy, Foreign Trade Procedures, granting Importer Exporter - IEC code Number to Importers and Exporters, granting Pre Export and Post Export Benefits, Licences to restricted products in special cases and resolving the committee and cases relevant with Foreign Trade.
Major Roles and Functions of DGFT:
- DGFT granting 10 digits IEC Code Number.
- Promoting Foreign Trade with neighboring countries.
- To grant permission of goods to import and export under Policy condition “free” of Import Policy Schedule1 and Export Policy Schedule 2.
- Export Incentive/Benefits issuing authority, Standard Input Output Norms, DFIA etc under duty exemption and remission scheme of foreign Trade Policy chapter 4.
- DGFT provided Digital Signature facility to Importers and Exporters online eCommerce application filling since 2004.
- Issuing Notifications, Public notices and Circulars about changes in Foreign Trade rules, Regulations and amendments in existing Policy and procedure.
DGFT made recent changes in notifications include prohibition on any milk or milk products being imported from China, amendments in the Exam policy, a new standard for import and export of radial tires, various other major amendments in ITC HC policies and standard code of conduct, prohibition on export of non-basmati rice.
Our DGFT Consultancy Matters :
- Foreign Trade Laws
- IEC Code
- Export Incentives and Benefits